Friday, November 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to my beautiful daughter Rylee!


I can't believe it's been 6 years since that chubby little girl came out screaming. It was easily one of the hardest days of my life, followed by the longest weeks of my life. Who knew a baby weighing 8 lbs 14 oz would not be able to breath at all. I can honestly tell you that is the day that I looked at modern medicine and technology in a whole new way.

Once she learned to breath, they realized she had a heart condition. And naturally, like all things with Miss Rylee, no "normal" medicine for children would get it under control. No, this little girl was on ADULT medicine. I have never walked around with so much fear in my life.  The first year of your life was filled with nothing, but love, doctors and meds.

But you know what? She kicked that breathing thing, then she kicked that heart thing. Today she is one hell of a little girl. She is stubborn, independent, full of fire, and love. She is extremely smart and knows exactly what she wants in everything. Except choices,(wonder where she got that) do not ask her to pick between two things. She loves to look her best and goes out of her way to look "pretty".

I love you baby girl. More than you know and I can't wait to see the person you become. Even if I am a little scared. :)

All my love,

Your mommy

No comments: