It feels like I am in a job twilight zone. It's like a never ending loop of applications, with an occasional interview here or there.
The general conciseness is that I have an amazing resume and wonderful work history. And then, I don't get the job. How in gods name is this possible? Is it because they keep asking me how much money I made at my last position? Even though I tell them I am not looking to make anywhere near that. I know I was paid well, and I know I haven't worked in a year.
But seriously? This is Utah, home of the stay at home mother. So what if I took a year off from working, does that make me any less of a qualified applicant? Does it decrease my knowledge and experience? No!! I am an extremely hard worker and a very quick learner! I am only looking for enough income to justify putting my children in childcare. I mean honestly, if I am really only working to pay for childcare, is there a point in working AT ALL?
I have applied for every single job that I am qualified for. I have been hired on to several staffing agencies. All of who tell me that I am an amazing catch for any company and that I shouldn't work for anything less than THIS certain amount. And then, they have no work for me in the that set amount area. SERIOUSLY??? I feel like I am in the job black hole and I can't get out.
Somebody, anybody.....PULL ME OUT!
1 comment:
http://www.wvc-ut.gov/jobs.aspx?jobID=159
Post a Comment