It started out the best of Sunday, on a wonderful happy note....
Last night was the cake tasting party that I never ended up tasting cake at. It was good times spent with one of my favorite people who has been missed horribly. It was giggles and laughs, wine and food. All things that should be involved in a good weekend if you ask me.
I still have all of today and if I had to go back to work today I could say that I had a fabulous weekend. Friends, for me, make the world turn. They are the family you choose, the family you want around. They make you smile without trying and cry for no reason. I am lucky to have people that love me, even if I have to keep reminding myself that I do.
And it ended up taking a turn for the worst....
She screwed me, a woman that was suppose to be my friend straight up screwed me and left me in a horrible spot. She was selfish and hurtful, all for no reason. Confused my children and purposfully hurting me. She will get what is coming to her, and I won't have to do a thing. I hope she enjoys the choice she made.
I was so not happy with my post ending that way, even though it was truly the note my Sunday ended on... Until....
I picked up my phone and called up my Sche. I called her confused and hurt. I called her sad and hopeless. And you know what she did. She took me and picked me up. Dusted me off and showed me that one bad friendship does not mean that my friends are failing me. She told me what to do even though I already knew. She gave me the pep talk and the direction that I needed to get out of sadville and jump into action.
I truly believe that friendships are what makes my life turn on its axle. What makes me shine or be cloudy. I need them to survive and to thrive.
To those of you out there loving me cause you choose to...
Thank you.
3 comments:
Agreed and what a way to bring tears to my eyes so early in the morning. Love you my friend.
This is where I say, "oh HEEEEELL NO!!! you grab the blanket, and I grab the car keys!!!
What a jerk! I know a guy who knows a guy...
Hope you're having a great week!
Post a Comment