Me and my husband have this wonderful fight...You know that one the you always come back to? The one the gets thrown in the mix even when it has NOTHING to do with what you are actually talking about..Thats the one.
He says that I am a stay at home mom so I need to do things around the house..I say yes, I am a stay at home mom...Not a stay at home housecleaner. What do you say should my version include then? I shall explain.
Lets use today for an example. Get up and get myself presentable. Dress children, do both girls hair, feed both children and brush their teeth. Out the door at 8:50 to have Rainee to school on time. Run errands, pick Rainee up from school at 11:50. Run a few more errands and get home. Feed the girls lunch and get them down for quiet time and nap time. Finally sit down for the first time!
Did I mention I am roughly a million weeks pregnant with a child the size of a beach ball? Oh I didn't? I apologize, of course that should have nothing to do with what I get done around the house during the day, right?
Resume day...Clean kitchen, make cheeseball and get ready for monthly book club. Drive to Draper to enjoy WONDERFUL woman time and arrive at home around 10:30 at night.
My point is this..As far as I am concerned, I am a stay at home MOM. I take care of my children. I keep them from killing each other and I make sure they are happy and healthy. If I don't get things cleaned up or anything done for the matter its just fine. Its not my fault that I refuse to participate in something that was not listed in the job description...
Next time...I would be more specific.
2 comments:
I feel u
I just read this for the first time. I love it!! This is going to be my new argument from now on.
Love ya Rach!
Post a Comment