Friday, July 10, 2009

Forgiveness

I have always forgiven easy. I don't like to be mad, I hate the way you feel and how you behave when you are. Or I guess I should say when I am.

When I fight with the hubs it rarely last more than 20 minutes. I don't like the uncomfortable air in the house when we do. We haven't always been this way, but I like to believe that as we have gotten older we have grown to be smarter and stronger.

Long story, short? Since I had Cree I have become a forgiven machine. Ask for it and you will get it. I am done bein mad peeps. I don't want to hold on to anger the way my family does. I don't want to be resentful and cold. I WILL NOT BE.

4 people down and 1 of them doesn't even know it yet cause he won't talk to me. Sad, but true. I wish he was in my life, but in my heart of hearts I really don't see it happening. He is not there yet and I don't know if he ever will be. I have tried to talk to him, but he is unresponsive on all attempts.

I miss you Shawn

With all this forgiveness comes such contentment. I feel better in my head and heart in the last two weeks than I have in years. I wouldn't say I am any less nuts, but if you have been readin for a while I am sure you know the story.

So hows about we show some comment love to the forgiver in the house??

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Great post honey. Its an incredible lesson for all of us to learn and a hard one. You will be better for it.

zealandsmom said...

I've come to that point in my life, where it just doesn't mean a damn thing if it doesn't have to do with my babies! So be who you wanna be, say what you wanna say and if it doesn't affect my children, I don't care. I'm more emotional now...things like death and global warming have a profound impact on me. I'm not sure I'm at the forgiving part yet, or if there is anyone to forgive, but Im def. at the forgetting part. As in forget you! :) Glad you're giving the world some extra happiness!

Jack said...

Very meaningful post. For a little more on the subject, you might want to check out this brief video -- ahamoment.com/pg/moments/view/1888 -- it's one woman's "aha moment" when she realized that she needed to forgive in order to move on with her life. I think you'll enjoy it.

Thanks,

jack@ahamoment.com

Erica said...

Great post Rachel! I'm glad that you have found forgiveness within. I had the same moment several years ago after my father passed away and decided to make a change. It's incredible how easy it was. I hope this Shawn person in your life has his moment soon.

Allyanne said...

Way to go Rach!:)

laura-loo said...

<3 even more of a reason to love you <3

Deb said...

The power of forgivness. It is incredible how good we can feel when we decide to let things go.