Monday, April 20, 2009

Birthdays...

Am I the only person that thinks birthdays are special no matter how old you are? I mean seriously, in todays world shouldn't we make sure to celebrate the fact that we have survived yet another year?

My dad is such an amazing guy. He has a huge heart and a hard life. He deserves his day. I am going to make it special even if it kills me...

Right now I have jumbo carrot cake cupcakes cooling on the counter. I am going to slather them in cream cheese frosting and take them up to my dad at work. Dinner was planned for tonight, but plans have changed. I will take him a homemade dinner to go, cupcakes and a very good present. I will sing him happy birthday and even if for only a minute, I will make him feel special..

Because birthdays are special.

2 comments:

laura said...

I think that birthdays are special. Period. I don't care how old someone is, they still deserve a special day.

It's awesome that you're doing something so special for your dad.

Can I come visit you in December for some jumbo b-day cupcakes?

Anonymous said...

Your an awesome daughter! I think that is great.