Friday, August 7, 2009

Shabby state of affairs

This house is in chaos. There is so many things I want and need to do.

1. We finally got the fence done, but since have done not a damn thing in the yard and its shabby out there. I mean BAD. The weeds are winning the grass in the war to take over the yard. Between the kids and the dog, it *MAY* look like the definition of white trash trailer yard out there.

2. I am sure you understand why I sit inside the house at the computer now.

T3. he house inside needs to be organized. I say that loosely because I don't know what I can organize. We live in a house that we occupy every single bit of space in. There are not any closets or shelves. What shelves we have added in are completely full with kitchen things as I am a big time cooker.

4. The walls are white. *ENOUGHSAID*

5. Nothing really matches. Its all kind of thrown together. I am not really bother by it, it just feels like nothing really meshes.

6. I MUST HAVE CHANGE. This is not an options peeps, its a *MUSTHAVE* I rearrange the furniture, the kitchen gadgets and the things on the bathroom shelf. Its the only way I can *FEELLIKE* I am doing something about the way the house feels. Unorganized and skattered around.

Now while the previously listed things all bother me in one way or another, they are not listed in degree of saverity or anything like that. They are just the things that I know I would like to *CHANGE* We will be painting the house in September. THANK GOD! We are going to get our butt in gear out in the yard, cause by god it doesn't look like anyone gives to shits about this property!

Other than that...I think I need a different house and some money to fix the rest. Since the will not be happening for a while, I suppose I will just keep plugging away at trying to make it feel more like a home instead of a house.

Anyone have any suggestions for the crazy lady today? What do you do for change?

2 comments:

zealandsmom said...

1st off get shelving!!! Get baskets and get it out of sight!
Buy some fabric and cover your pillows or make covers. Buy some paint and paint all the picture frames the same color and hang on one wall like one big collage. ($1.00 picture frames are at micheals) Buy a couch cover in a neutral color (like khaki) to make your room focus. Don't need to paint every wall....just 1 per room:) You can buy wall decals for cheap on etsy to re-design a whole room. Make a post of your rooms before....we all will help with the during....and then again after!!

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started on my yard! We finally got all the sprinklers fixed which was not an easy task! We had 1 broken pipe that needed to be dug up and then when I was planting my new apple tree (that I grew by seed by the way) I dug right into another sprinkler pipe! That second break only took about 10 trips to the Home Depot. Then, last night as I finally got every sprinkler wirking again and feeling like I might have some green grass by the time it gets all brown from the snow, my 4 year old STOMPS on one of the other sprinklers and BREAKS IT! So yeah, now I have, once again, a sprinkler I have to dig up and replace!

ANd, I am just now getting to the lovely picture that my kid drew all over the wall and ceiling (yes, I said ceiling) 2 years ago! I"m on the 3rd caot of primer and it doesn't look like it's been touched!