Its Friday and for the first time this week I don't have anything I "have" to do.
With that said, I love being busy. I love having so much to do that the day flies by and leaves my head spinning. I am pretty sure this comes from being so "stationed" in my childhood.
Don't get me wrong, we did things..But it was always the things she HAD to do. Paying bills and running into the store. Not that she ever did the running, thats what her children were for. It was our *job* to take care of her and make her life easier. Rarely was there a time we did something child friendly or just has a good time. It was more like we had to be there in everything to keep her company, keep her from being alone.
I think that because of the way I was raised I have the need to "go and see" all the time. To just think about it and do it. No need to plan it or find a reason to do it. I was so sheltered and kept from the world when I was young. I think its way more harmful to a child than she ever thought it would be. There was always a reason that I couldn't go or see.
You see, I get way more enjoyment out of running everyday errands than I will ever get out of watching a favorite tv show or just relaxing on the couch. I don't care for either of those things, I find them to just be wasting my life and time. Of course this drives my husband crazy, he is a sitter by nature.
I want my children to have the whole world at their fingertips. To "go and see". I want them to meet people and enjoy just playing outside and get excited to do those things they are interested in.
I want them to be *Children*
That seems like such a simple thing compared to how I grew up. But I don't think I would change my childhood in that department much, because if I did I am not sure I would be so *GO TEAM* on the "be a kid" front. And you know what? I think that is just the way it should be.
1 comment:
I am like you, if I think of going/ doing something...I HAVE to do it. I grew up always going and doing things with my mom and it stuck with me and now I have to go and do something just to get out! It drives my hubs nuts because he just wants to stay home every weekend!
Post a Comment