Thursday, April 8, 2010

Beauty

It is truly sad the way the world looks at beauty.

Why must everything be about the way we fit in clothes or color our face? Is it to much to focus on the way we make each other feel or how we feel inside?

I have always been a bigger girl. I am not a little girl trapped in a bigger body or a chubby girl. I am a Rachel. I am the mother to three beautiful children that know your face and heart are what make you beautiful. I am the wife of a man who thinks I am sexy and strong. I am the friend of several beautiful women who I feel constantly bring themselves down to a level that they believe they are at.

As we grow and change through life our body changes. Our minds evolve and our hearts swell. I see women putting themselves down because they are not who they thought they would be or the size that they "should be".

It amazes me everyday what a journey life is, the ups and downs alone can be draining. The most important thing should be doing what we can to be happy in life. Not to be skinny, or to achieve all that we had set in our minds when started the journey.

Just enjoy the ride.

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

ok, I won't lie, when you said, "I see women putting themselves down because they are not who they thought they would be.." I thought this was directly written for me. Now, honestly i know it was probably for several women, but I CERTAINLY identified with that... I haven't felt like I'm "who i should be" in a VERY long time..

love you.. Miss you..

Allyanne said...

I feel that way about age. I hate the way the world sees age. When did becoming "old" become something that we should fight.

Seipert Clan said...

Very true, Thanks for the reminder of what is important.
Lisa

Deb said...

Society sure doesn't make it easy for women to be ok with who they are and the judgments from others don't help either. This journey of life sure is an interesting one that's for sure! Was there something in particular that this was directed at or just in general? We don't do a lot together anymore so I'm kind of out of the loop.