It feels like a switch was flipped, like something changed almost overnight.
I feel stronger, more confident and more "me".
It took a "talk" from two different men in my life that mean a lot from me. One is my very good friend and one owns my heart. What was said, I am sure you are wondering. "Mainly, who the hell are you and what did you do with Rachel? I want her back". Where's the girl who loved herself and didn't give a shit what anyone else thought as long as she knew she believed in what she was doing and where she was going? The woman who would stand her ground and speak her mind. The woman who got mad and you knew it.
Honestly, I don't know how I got away from her. All I know at this moment is that I am way past done keeping her quiet. I was shaken, I was bruised and I was scared. And you know what, I am straight done with it.
I am a good mother and an incredible friend. I fight for those I love and stand up for what I believe. I may feel as though I stand alone more times than not, but I am strong enough to stand and that is all that matters. I have been holding so much in for fear of judgement and people not liking who I am.
Well you know what, if you don't like my life or my choices then you can just kiss my ass. This is who I am and you know what, that's okay with me.
Sincerely,
Big,bad Rachel
10 comments:
I too will make this anonymous but only because I want my point to be clear without anyone thinking it is said just because of who I am.
Disagreed! This woman is strong, independant, and works hard to be the best she can. Just like everyone, life attacks her sometimes. If you can honestly say you have never made a bad decision due to circumstances out of your control, we will all bow down to you and call you our God. However if you can face the truth and admit that you too have had moments of weakness...welcome to the club! It does not make you a bad mom, a bad friend, a bad spouse, a bad co-worker. It makes you human! Rachel you are one of the most sincere people I know....keep it babe! You've got this!
Dear Anonymous,
First: Learn how to spell.
Second: Are you kidding me? Did you really just come up with that jumbled mess and post it under an anonymous name for fear that you would be "attacked" because that's exactly what you just did. If she has backstabbed you, why are you reading her blog and following her life? Sounds pretty pathetic to me. And, if you "lie" to her face then how are you any better of a person?
Third,
Have your opinion, and post it as you want. But, I personally don't think anyone has the right to judge another person as a mother unless the children are in danger, which they are not. And, if that was the case, then I would assume you'd call 911 rather than sit down and write a terribly written rant in hopes to jab at someone who is obviously on her way to bettering her life and situation.
Fourth, Who has tied your hands and made you be her friend? Be a woman, or man, and walk away. Be done. Seriously, grow up.
Dear Rachel,
I got nothin' but love for you, sister.
Steph xoxoxoxxo
Oh wait, let me sign with my name.
Let me clarify, my post was directed at the first "anonymous." :)
Rach, you've got some awesome friends! You don't need trash like the first one!
Oh Rachel. I have no idea what's been going on in your personal life for the most part. And I know if you wanted me to know you would tell me. Its easy to judge as an outsider. I won't say I haven't made my own judgements and for that I apologize. I think most of that stems from feeling a little hurt that you haven't felt I'm a trustworthy enough friend to share and commiserate (sp) with. I hope that you find or have found whatever it is you've been searching for and know that I love you.
Rachel,
I love your blunt honesty. Please don't lose that quality. It is one of the first things that drew me to you! I don't know what has happened because you are so strong! You're a fighter. Don't let people get you down just do what you think is right. To the first anonymous... That was mean. If you don't like Rachel then remove her from your life. I respect your right to your opinion of her but you should have went to her directly or bit your tongue. The internet has brought out the ugly in people and I don't like it. You just cast an ugly karma cloud above you and it will suck when it starts to rain.
Tsthis is my flesh and blood this is who I am proud to say is my family. People place judgement on those because they cannot face their fears. I will say that we all live our lives to the best of our ability we live our lives based on what we have been taught by our parents. And Rachel and I have not had the best of parental upbringing. However based on what little we had to go on, not to bad if I say so myself. I think we did just fine. Hey let me ask you, the one that doesn't have a fucking set of balls to stand up for what you so graciously think has any fucking presidence in her life. You want to say something then back your shit up stand up and be proud of your beliefs. Not the whinney bitch ass that you are. I dare you, look in the mirror and ask yourself. Do I like myself? Hmmmm I can honestly say not. You can't even bring it to the table. People have opinions and yes like assholes some have bigger ones than others. I love my cousin and am proud of who she is.
Dear Anonymous #3.
Thanks for stopping by! LOL
Question...why is there all this drama? This blog is, always has been, and probably always will be more like a diary open to the public. If you don't like what you see, quit seeing it. Rachel has never hid her feelings about being who she is. If you don't like it, why not call it an end? She has invited you all to make the choice. Make it already!
Anonymous.... SERIOUSLY?!?! You're going to sit here and bash someone who can be open and honest with her feelings?! If you don't like reading what she has on her blog, QUIT READING IT! It's that simple! You say she has "psycho" issues, and that she's a bad mom and a mean, hateful person... yet you bash her, as an ANONYMOUS COWARD!!! How does that make you any different? You can't even show your face or be the real you. YOU'RE FAKE! Grow up and be an adult. If you want to say such hurtful things about a person, then at least do it in a mature manner rather than hiding behind your computer screen as some anonymous, pathetic loser! She has friends who are going to stick by her side, regardless of what you say about her. Maybe that's why you chose to be anonymous, because you don't have any good friends who would stick by your side regardless of what life throws your way! Rachel is not perfect, she's made mistakes, and maybe she does have issues. But who's to judge her for that? Are you perfect? HELL NO! Nobody is perfect, everyone has made mistakes! You can pretend to be Rachel's friend all you want with your real name, just know that whoever you are, you're a shitty person, and I feel sympathy for any person who thinks they may be your friend. And if you're a mom, I have even more sympathy for you children!
Jenn H
Post a Comment